Duration: Part-time, possibly leading to full-time
Location: Remote home + a weekly team meeting in central Israeך
Primary functions and responsibilities:
• Manage marketing and PR, working with donors and partners.
• Develop and coordinate fundraising strategies, working with individuals, corporations, foundations, and other private, public and non-profit entities.
• Write grant proposals and post-funding reports in English and ideally also in Hebrew.
• Cultivate relations with current funders and foster relationships with potential donors.
• Track record of success in fundraising in both Israel and abroad.
• Native English – reading, writing, and speaking – a must.
• Hebrew proficiency.
• Experience developing a fundraising strategy based on a range of sources, and cultivating partnerships with donors and corporate bodies.
• Familiarity with global Jewish philanthropy.
• Familiarity with academic and industry-based research in Israel - an advantage.
• High sense of initiative and independence.
• High sense of commitment and dependability.
• Effective multitasker
• Ability to work with deadlines and under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good at finalizing deals.
ScienceAbroad is an Israel-based non-profit organization that harnesses the power of senior Israeli researchers abroad. Through its wide-reaching professional and social network, ScienceAbroad inspires connections with local Jewish communities, international scientists and with Israel. The network advances scientific achievements, bolsters the Israeli identity of scientists living overseas, and helps facilitate the return of great minds to Israel.
Since its inception in 2006, ScienceAbroad has grown to over 3000 members, with 25 branches worldwide, and is run by scientists who volunteer their time and expertise.
ScienceAbroad empowers Israeli scientists working on college campuses to speak out against the rampant delegitimization of Israel.
Please submit your application to [email protected]
Please provide a relevant overview of your background and key achievements or skills, as well as your anticipated salary range.