Two of the ten hottest high-tech jobs are in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
In a special project, "Globes" examined the ten high-tech professions with the highest demand at the beginning of 2008, professions in which people with the right qualifications were able to find work. "Globes" partly relied on data from high-tech job placement agencies, including Triple Tech Ltd., Manpower Information Technologies Ltd., Niche Ltd., Dialogue Ltd, Optimum Ltd., JobInfo, CPS, and Maof Ltd..
The top ten professions include two in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals: clinical research associate, and biotechnology quality assurance and regulation. Although total demand for these two professions is not high compared with traditional high-tech jobs, people with the right qualifications can find jobs. There is a severe shortage of quality assurance managers, because few know how to oversee the drawn-out regulatory procedures needed to obtain product approval.
The top ten jobs are:
- Software engineer, especially for C++, C#Java, C, and Dot.net++. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 17,000 to NIS 25,000.
- Software quality assurance engineer. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 12,000 to NIS 15,000. Students can earn NIS 35-60 per hour.
- Real-time engineer to design immediate response applications. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 19,000 to NIS 25,000.
- ASIC/VLSI development engineers. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 18,000 to NIS 26,000.
- Algorithm developers. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 16,000 to NIS 30,000.
- Clinical research associate (CRA) to oversee clinical trials, often overseas. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 10,000 to NIS 25,000.
- Board design engineers. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 17,000 to NIS 23,000.
- Web programmers, especially for HTML and XML. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 12,000 to NIS 16,000.
- High-tech products sales and marketing staff. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 15,000 to NIS 25,000.
- Quality assurance managers to oversee the regulatory procedures for pharmaceutical and biotechnology products for approval by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMEA), and corresponding agencies in other countries. The monthly salary ranges between NIS 20,000 to NIS 25,000.
|News Stories|||||News Archive|