MEJDI Tours is a social enterprise certified B Corporation travel company.
Our mission is to create a more positive and interconnected world through travel. We are National Geographic's local operator in Israel (DMC) and have also been featured in a TED Talk, called “For more tolerance, we need more...tourism?”
Summary of the Position:
You will play a key role in a fast paced, growing incoming groups focused tour operator in Jerusalem. Your main focus will be booking and coordinating all aspects of our incoming groups. Additionally, to excel at this position you will:
• Maintain a positive attitude and proactive approach to problem solving with your peers and supervisors.
• Provide our travelers with ‘friend in the industry level’ of customer service, paying close attention to treat our clients the way you would like to be treated.
• Schedule and book all of the hotels, guides, sites, restaurants, speakers, and special events for our portfolio of tours
• Coordinate all aspects of these tours while in-country
• Create after tour budget reconciliations and the documentation necessary for finance to make payments to vendors and suppliers
• Prepare pre-trip and post trip suppliers and documentation for guides, travelers, and partners
Manage Mejdi’s weekly dual narrative tour program
• Join tours as a customer service representative
• Assist manager with various tourism related tasks
• Other duties as assigned. (We are a small company so flexibility is important)
• Sometimes hours can vary due to when tours are on the ground in country
• Much of our work is in a digital environment so the candidate must excel at providing detailed documentation within our systems consistently day in and day out
• Language skills: Fluent in English and Advanced Hebrew and/or Arabic
Send your (1) CV / resume and (2) a cover letter answering these three questions to [email protected]
• Why are you interested in this job?
• What are your thoughts about the vision of MEJDI Tours?
• Why do you think you would be good at this job? (Please include specific examples)