Job Opportunity: Senior Director, Supply Chain Planning Lead
||Purchasing, Logistics & Supply Chain
Senior Director, Supply Chain Planning Lead
The Supply Chain Planning lead is overall accountable for the effective operation, execution and coordination of the Supply Chain Function in his Operational unit. Monitoring and continuously improving our supply chain planning capabilities (people, processes and systems) to drive the SC health and performance in term of service level, inventory optimization and improved cost. This position will be an extended member of the operational unit leadership team and will work closely with its peers in Global Planning to ensure consistency in the planning practices and alignment with the Global SC goals and targets.
General duties and responsibilities
GSC focal point
• Represent GSC in the operational unit LT and in the Monthly Ops review
• Represent the unit in the Regional S&OP forums
• Volume to AOP/LRP oversight and alignment
Service level improvement
• Ensuring planning processes and routines at the sites to secure customer service and to prevent stock outs.
• Managing supply risks and escalations to mitigate and contain supply issues
• Focal point for escalation through the S&OP process including demand and supply imbalances, drug shortages, global allocation initiation, excess stock risk etc'
SC performance management
• lead regular forums (virtual/VC and periodically face to face) with all site SC leads in their operations group focusing on SC business results - service, inventory, freight, write offs, and business processes - supply planning, capacity planning, routing management, AOP/LBE, etc
General duties and responsibilities
• Work with the global lead to build and align on the sites inventory targets
• Work with the SC heads to build the inventory optimization plan.
• Help driving inventory optimization program and projects at the site level.
Write offs avoidance
• Ensure routines checks of inventory at risks are taking place in the sites which results in risk mitigation and write off avoidance action plan.
• Represent the operational unit in the write-off governance forums.
People and development
• Professional Coaching and capability building to the sites SC heads (who will dotted reporting line to the Planning lead), in the various aspects of supply planning including RCCP, scheduling, inventory management and material planning
• Build and maintain communities of practice across the sites for knowledge and best practices sharing
• Management of 1-2 direct reports who will enable the site reach
Honours/ Masters Degree preferably in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering
SC certification is preferred
15+ years of experience in the field of Supply Chain Management & Operations or a comparable function in the pharmaceutical industry
proven experience from sites
Demonstrated track record of delivering strong business results in operations and supply chain.
Demonstrated leadership in managing global functional teams in a matrix environment.
Lead complex large projects.
Worked in a multi-cultural environment
Advanced understanding of the complexity of supply chain planning processes in Operations and Commercial Supply Chain Management & Planning
Experience and expertise in the various aspects of supply planning including RCCP, Scheduling, MRP, and inventory optimization
Adequate financial acumen
Advanced leadership capability and interpersonal/Relationship Management skills, with an ability to mentor, guide and develop Site Supply Chain staff.
Ability to switch between details and big picture
Building Customer Focus - Demonstration of excellent focus on customer service and delivery of business results
Applying a Strategic Approach - Advanced ability for strategic thinking in a complex business environment.
To apply for this and many other job opportunities paid membership is required
If you are already a member
“You saved me hours of frustrating faxing and mailing of resumes” (Lyvia, Jerusalem)