The role of Chief of Staff is to support the CEO in running the business day to day, putting the correct governance, reporting and processes in place to support the operating excellence of a “healthy business”. It is anticipated that this will be an 18 - 24 month role during which the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shadow the CEO/ Executive team and gain insights on strategy development and the day to day running of a plc.
The successful candidate will also be exposed to working with the board, shareholders and investors, supporting the preparation and development of high-quality materials to drive growth.
The candidates should have an excellent knowledge of the business having had a management or leadership role with 6 months+ tenure and be seeking exposure to moving towards an executive position in the future. Organisational and communication skills are paramount, with the ability to priorities and focus being key strengths. The role level will be between the C level and Leadership positions.
Owning day to day operational rhythms, this role will support the cultural evolution of the company, with behavioral alignment with the CEO being paramount.
This role is not a proxy for being the Israel CEO and nor will have any day to day responsibilities for managing the teams in Israel, beyond functional responsibilities as defined below.
· Be a business partner/ manager to the CEO and leadership team
· Establish, maintain and enforce the rhythm of the business (RoB). Continually driving alignment to, and execution of, the core business priorities.
· Oversee the execution of strategic and cross-functional initiatives and drive corporate priorities
· Manage CEO/Executive Staff Meetings: Plan and facilitate executive meetings, including formulating the topics to cover, building and advising agendas, guiding the discussion, bringing together notes and action items, and following up as appropriate
· Assume day-to-day responsibility for driving projects and tasks towards successful completion. Coordinate cross functional teams across BU’s to understand and align on business initiatives.
· Manage the initiatives planning process, ensuring coordination with corporate priorities as well as group level priorities. Setting the team’s prioritization on activities, key events, and deadlines, then facilitate alignment of the extended leadership team resources to meet those objectives.
· Collaborate cross-functionally across corporate development, real estate, technology, finance, operations, product, revenue and design teams to develop a holistic understanding of the business
· Plan and execute Executive forum communication strategy and vehicles that support organizational strategic missions. Working closely with the communication team to improve internal communications for team meetings and other internal communications at major milestones.
· Plan and manage team meetings including All Hands, staff meetings and manager meetings. Manage the executive’s external communications for customer/partner engagements, speaking engagements to ensure successful and impactful engagements.
· Contribute, shape and influence the organization culture and work environment, to ensure the organization’s mission and strategy are clear and properly cascaded within the organization.
· 5+ years of progressive experience in an operationally or project management focused role
· BA/BS in Business or relevant field, MBA preferred
· Management experience preferred, including staff and budget responsibility
· Experience at a tech start-up as a chief of staff a plus
· Strong written, presentation, and verbal communications at the executive level
· Competency in the areas of cross group collaboration, analytical thinking, and strategic development
· An activator; action oriented and results driven
· Strong influencing skills; comfortable negotiating and driving timely decisions
· Skilled diplomat with high levels of professional confidence and business acumen
· Proven, applied data-driven, decision-making skill set